What a year 2020 has been.. No one can doubt that!
I am sure most of you are very excited to see this year going with the hope that 2021 will be a happier and healthier new year to come!
What about the good things we have experienced this year?
Let’s have a quick look on the positive side of 2020:
- We were reminded of how it is to live only with necessities – no nails or hair done, no parties, no glamorous dress-ups etc.
- We had the chance to spend more time with our families/flatmates at home
- We got to meet our neighbors with whom we might have never talked before
- We found new ways to spend our time indoors
- Most of us became better in cooking; others got better in eating
- We caught up with series and movies that were on our watch list for a long time
- Home became our new gym
- We embraced more outdoor activities in our daily routine such as walking, jogging, cycling etc.
- We adopted better sleep habits
- We saved so many hours of our time wasted for commuting to work
- We got to experience work from home, some of us for the first time, which in many ways it’s a nice option to have
- We developed our technology skills with online meetings in Microsoft Teams, Zoom, BlueJeans etc.
- Many retail stores introduced online shopping and delivery service which is so convenient
- We found time to take care of any pending works in the house
- We experimented with DIY projects more than ever before
- We realized once again what family means to us
- We re-evaluated situations, needs and wants
- We learned to live and act fast in uncertain times
Even though this was a tough year, it taught us many things that we can carry on with us in 2021.
Better days will come! #StayPositive #StaySafe
Best wishes for a Happy New Year full of health and happiness!
The opinions expressed on this site are my own and do not in any way reflect the views of my current or any previous employers.